Total Pageviews

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Old Testament Prophecies about Jesus Death and Resurrection


1-Zechariah foreshadowed the betrayal of Jesus for 30 pieces of silver
Zechariah 11:12-13
It's written between 520 and 518 BC
Fulfilled: About 31 AD

Zechariah 11:12-13: I told them, "If you think it best, give me my pay; but if not, keep it." So they paid me thirty pieces of silver.
And the LORD said to me, "Throw it to the potter"-the handsome price at which they priced me! So I took the thirty pieces of silver and threw them into the house of the LORD to the potter.

2-Jesus Was Betrayed By a Close Friend (Judas) & Sold for 30 Pieces of Silver
Psalm 41:9 Even my best friend, the one I trusted completely, the one who shared my food, has turned against me.

Psalm 55:12-14 It is not an enemy who taunts me— I could bear that. It is not my foes who so arrogantly insult me— I could have hidden from them. Instead, it is you—my equal, my companion and close friend. What good fellowship we once enjoyed as we walked together to the house of God.

3- Religious Leaders Reject, Mock, and Ridicule Jesus
Psalm 69:4 Those who hate me without cause outnumber the hairs on my head. Many enemies try to destroy me with lies, demanding that I give back what I didn’t steal.

Isaiah 49:7 The Lord, the Redeemer and Holy One of Israel, says to the one who is despised and rejected by the nations, to the one who is the servant of rulers: Kings will stand at attention when you pass by. Princes will also bow low because of the Lord, the faithful one, the Holy One of Israel, who has chosen you.

Psalm 118:22 The stone that the Builders rejected has now become the cornerstone.

Psalm 69:8 Even my own brothers pretend they don’t know me; they treat me like a stranger.

4-The Disciple's Desert Jesus and Peter Denies Jesus 3 Times
Psalm 69:8 Even my own Brothers pretend they don’t know me; they treat me like a Stranger.

Zechariah 13:7 Awake, O sword, against my shepherd, the man who is my partner,” says the Lord of Heaven’s Armies. “Strike down the shepherd, and the sheep will be scattered, and I will turn against the lambs.

Isaiah 63:3 I have been treading the wine press alone; no one was there to help me. In my anger I have trampled my enemies as if they were grapes. In my fury I have trampled my foes. Their blood has stained my clothes.

5-Jesus was spat upon and beaten
Isaiah 50:6
Written between 701-681 BC
Fulfilled: About 31 AD
I offered my back to those who beat me and my Cheeks to those who pulled out my Beard. I did not hide my face from mockery and spitting.

-Jesus Was Whipped & Flogged, Face & Body Disfigured
Isaiah 52:14-15
Isaiah 53:3-10

-God's servant would die for our sins
Isaiah 53:4-6
Written between 701-681 BC
Fulfilled: About 31 AD

6-Jesus was Innocent, Yet Treated like a Criminal & Crucified Between 2 Thieves
Isa 53:12 I will give Him the honors of a victorious soldier, because He exposed Himself to death. He was counted among the Rebels. He bore the sins of many and interceded for rebels.

Isaiah 53:4-6: Surely he took up our infirmities and carried our sorrows, yet we considered him stricken by God, smitten by him, and afflicted.
But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was upon him, and by his wounds we are healed.
We all, like sheep, have gone astray, each of us has turned to his own way; and the LORD has laid on him the iniquity of us all.

7-Jesus Hands and Feet Were Pierced
Psalm 22:16 My enemies surround Me like a pack of dogs; an evil gang closes in on Me. They have Pierced My Hands and Feet.

8-Jesus Hung on a Tree (Cross)
Deuteronomy 21:33, "Be sure to bury Him that same day, because anyone who is Hung on a Tree is under God's Curse. You must not desecrate that land the LORD your God is giving you as an inheritance."


9-Jesus would be buried in a rich man's tomb
Isaiah 53:9
Written between 701-681 BC
Fulfilled: About 31 AD

Isaiah 53:9: He was assigned a grave with the wicked, and with the rich in his death, though he had done no violence, nor was any deceit in his mouth.


10-Jesus' Resurrection From The Dead
Psalm 16:10 For you will not leave My soul among the dead or allow your holy one to rot in the grave.

Isaiah 26:19 But those who die in the Lord will live; their bodies will rise again! Those who sleep in the earth will rise up and sing for joy! For your life-giving light will fall like dew on your people in the place of the dead!"

Psalm 68:18 "When you ascended to the heights, you led a crowd of captives. You received gifts from the people, even from those who rebelled against you. Now the Lord God will live among us there.

11-Jesus Sits At Right Hand of God
Psalm 110:1 The Lord said to my Lord, “Sit in the place of honor at My right hand until I humble your enemies, making them a footstool under your feet.”

Isaiah 9:6-7 For a Child is Born to us, a Son is given to us. The Government will rest on His shoulders. And He will be called: Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. His Government and its Peace will Never End. He will Rule with Fairness and Justice from the Throne of His Ancestor David for all Eternity. The Passionate commitment of the Lord of Heaven’s Armies will make this happen!

Daniel 7:13-14 I saw someone like a son of man coming with the clouds of heaven. He was given Authority, Honor, and Sovereignty over all the nations of the World, so that people of every Race and Nation and Language would Obey Him. His Rule is Eternal—it will Never End. His Kingdom will never be destroyed.

No comments:

Post a Comment